I'm Nervous for my Interview. Help!
"I have been called for a job interview and I am really nervous. I am not sure how to dress or present myself. Please help!"
Don't panic! It is normal to feel nervous about a job interview. Most people do. But don't let the nerves take over. Take a deep breathe, relax and feel confident. After all, they asked YOU to come for the interview - which means YOU have something to offer.
We have a detailed list of do's and don'ts for interviews, which you can find if you click How to Dress to Impress! here. Here are some of the main points:
- Get a good night's sleep the evening before.
- Dress appropriately - that means neatly and tidily. No dirty or casual outfits!
- Turn your cell phone off before entering the building.
- Give the interviewer a firm hand-shake.
- Don't mumble - speak clearly and confidently.
- Sit up straight and don't fidget.
- Smile and enjoy the interview!
Find out more about how to Work Smart.